Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Life is interesting!!

When we begin we start learning about life through our parents. As girls we learn our roles as mommies and wives. As we grow into adolesence our bodies start perparing us for womenhood and most times we spend it looking for the right partner. In our twenty and thirtys we become wives and mothers and all our time and attention is spent in those endevors. As we reach our fourtys and fiftys we gradually start to look into our own lives and now we realize it's time to take care of ourselves. We have spent most of our lives caring for and nurturing our families. If we are lucky we hear the nudging of ourselves and decide yes it truly is our time. We begin to take care of who we are or we begin to discover who we truly are. If you are lucky and truly blessed those around you will embrace your becomming. I am one of those lucky women. At the age of 44 I decided it was time I took care of myself. I went back to school, and got a Master of Science in Oriental Medicine degree. The toughest thing I have ever done. I always thought of myself as very stupid. I was never a bright student and with such test anxiety, there were times I was sure I'd never make it through. But because of the encouragment from my husband and children and the great teachers I had I was able to graduate.
I have been so blessed in my life. I have 3 incredible children who I am so privledged to know.They have given me 3 adorable grandchildren and 1 great son-in-law and 1 terrific daughter-in-law. But I owe most of my sucesses to my amazing husband of 37yrs. He has given me encouragement and helped me become who I am. I continue to find interesting and unusual interests and he always listens and helps me move forward.
As an acupuncturist I've learned how much I am able to help people with their healing.I am only the conduit to that end. I am always amazed when people discover how good they can feel. I have seen such improvements and such incredible healing. I truly feel blessed to be doing this medicine.
I also am blessed that new things are headed my way. I am done with the work of the North, Medicine Wheel, and will soon finish my training, and become a Shaman in the Peruvian tradition. I will write more about this later. Thanks for reading and Blessing to All

No comments: